Follow these guidelines before your peel so that your skin peels more evenly to speed healing after the peel and ensure a good result.
- Do not use prescription Retin-A or receive Botox injections 5 days before your peel
- Do not wax the area 3 days before the peel
- No invasive lasers such as Fraxel 6 weeks before; other lasers 2 weeks before
- No Accutane in the last 6 months
- No professional exfoliation treatment 3 days before
- No tanning 3 days before; use caution so that your face is not sunburned
- No cuts, abrasions, cold sores on your face
- Limit alcohol the night before
It is important to hydrate your skin prior to your peel:
- Hydrate 8 - 10 8 oz glasses of water the week before
- Exfoliate at least a couple of days the week before (we will discuss what type of exfoliants you have
- Moisturize day and night and wear sunscreen the week before.
- Arrive for your peel with a clean face and no make up if possible