Pre Waxing Tips
- Do not shave the area being waxed for at least 14 to 21 days before you wax. Hair can be 1/4 inch long but preferably 1/2 inch long for your first waxing. If you are going to trim your hair, don’t trim it too short. The waxing will hurt more and not be as effective as when the hair is longer.
- Do not tan the area to be waxed right before the waxing! If it is sun burned, I will not be able to wax you. If you have just tanned, you run the risk of the wax causing an abrasion on that area and it will be painful post waxing.
- If you are on Accutane for your skin, waxing on any part of your body is not for you. If you have had a glycolic (an alpha hydroxy acid) or a salicylic acid (beta hydroxy acid) peel or are using Retin A or Renova, on the area to be waxed, you will have to wait 2 to 4 weeks before the area can be waxed.
- If you have any sensitivity, pre medicate with a pain reliever such as Ibuprofen 45 minutes before the waxing procedure. There are also topical products available such as No- Scream Cream and numb-IT which take the sting out of hair removal.
- Try to schedule your first waxing at a time when you feel rested and not stressed. Caffeine, nicotine and heavy alcohol consumption can make you feel over sensitive during your treatment.
- It’s okay to get waxed during your menstrual cycle; just wear a tampon. Sometimes you can be a little more sensitive.
- If you can, shower and clean your entire body thoroughly before the appointment. There is a certain amount of nudity involved and you will have to move into a couple of positions. There are always baby wipes on hand for those last minute clean ups.
- You are ready! Remember the first time is the most uncomfortable and then it will get better and better.