You don’t have the time to schedule a luxurious facial but want to look great for an upcoming event and you are spending the evening at home. Try doing this quick pick me up facial that will give you a glow for your event. Everyone has product sitting in their medicine cabinet; this is a good opportunity to use it.
- Cleanse the skin and remove any makeup. A good cleanser will bind to your makeup and remove both eye and facial makeup.
- Steam your face. Grab some hand towels, put in water in your sink, wring them out and pop them in the microwave. Start with 60 seconds and adjust as needed. Towels should be tolerable warm to hot and then press against your face. For an added bonus put a splash of essential oil in the water. Lavender works great. Another option is to boil some water on the stove in a wide mouth pot, put the pot of boiling water in the sink; place a towel over your head and steam away. (Don’t do this on the stove top; too much can go wrong, if it is in the sink and spills it’s okay and you also have better control over how much steam you want.)
- Exfoliate. Using your fingers use a gentle exfoliating scrub or enzyme exfoliant in a circular motion on your face. Don’t use anything with coarse bits of shells etc. in it; the idea is not to irritate your skin. Rinse.
- Masque. For oily skin, use a clay based masque; for dry skin use a hydrating masque. Keep on for 10 minutes. Rinse off. If you have an extra warm towel from steaming use it to make sure all masque is removed.
- Smooth on a soothing, moisturizer and pat an eye cream under your eyes. If there are any pimples on your face, dab on some spot remover on it with a Q-Tip and go to bed.
And, for those of us who just want to be pampered, consider a mini-facial.