Happy 2021! Still bored in the house, and you’re in the house bored?! So are we.
We will get through this…eventually! And you’ll want to look your best once we all emerge back out into the public setting. SO – why not try the benefits of a product we ALL have at home? ICE.
According to Healthline – there are many benefits to icing your face, aka “skin icing”.
- eliminate puffiness around the eyes
- this technique is pretty well known! you can also use a cold spoon or cucumbers.
- reduce oiliness
- the idea is to minimize your pores, to stop excessive oil production
- ease acne
- love this! Hold the ice cube on the large, red pimple to reduce the size and inflammation – ultimately make it less visible/noticeable
- soothe sunburn
- depending on how much of your body is burned… this could be pretty intense! If your ENTIRE body is suffering, maybe stick to aloe..unless you can bare an ice bath!
- reduce signs of aging, such as wrinkles
- who ISN’T on board with this one?
HOW TOO: ICE FACIAL
Step #1: Wash your face. It’s important to start by getting rid of the oiliness and dirt on your face.
- Brooklyn Bamboo Baby washcloths – find on Amazon!
- Kinu Pure Silk
- THE AILERON CLOTHS – these are organic!
The ice will being to melt, wetting the cloth.
Step #3: Hold the ice pack on different sections of your face for 1 or 2 minutes. You can also use gentle, circular motions — going upwards from your jaw, cheeks, the nose and forehead. This motion gives your face a ‘lifting’ effect.
Step #4: Apply your favorite toner and moisturizer!