The holidays are upon us once again! As if adjusting to our “NEW WORLD with no return to the old world in sight” hasn’t been difficult enough…the stress of traveling, visiting friends and family, buying gifts, setting New Year’s goals – IS BACK….with a vengeance. However, if I’ve learned one thing from the Covid lockdowns and restrictions – it’s that the best we can do is take life day by day by day by day!
I plan on facing this holiday season by living and thinking in the moment, taking more time to relax and recoup. Do yourself a service this year… don’t pull “a Costco” and start selling your Christmas merchandise in September… slow down, relax, and enjoy life. Treat yourself!
Find stability by creating TO-DO lists, creating healthy habits, and new routines. Here are our top suggestions!
- Start a skin care routine – According to Every Day Health, “following a routine that will benefit the health of your body’s largest organ (that’s your skin, notes Berkeley Wellness) and deliver the bonus of providing the structure and pampering that benefits your psychological well-being.“
- Read a book – even if it’s 5 pages a night! Get in the habit of learning something new!
- Work. Out. – spend at least 20 minutes, 5 days a week being active! The human body was not meant to sit at a desk, slouched over for 8 hours a days! No wonder you’re feeling anxious!
- Not ready to go back to the gym? There’s plenty of YouTube workout videos! Start with a “10 minute Abs” or “10 minute arms with 3 pound weights”.. don’t feel like you have to go ALL OUT right away.
- Wake up earlier – I know.. this is a hard one for me too. But think about it, by the time you roll out of bed at 9:00 AM (pst) – the New York Stock Exchange has been making decisions for you…for the past 6 hours!!! The most successful people in the world wake up between 4:00-5:00 AM… Richard Branson, Michelle Obama, Tim Cook, Bob Igor, Kris Jenner, Kim Kardashian, Jack Dorsey, Warren Buffet, Oprah Winfrey, Elon Musk
- ***If you don’t know who these people are – revert back to “read a book“
- Drink more tea. Less alcohol… Water and tea are good for your physical, mental, and emotional health. Start by making it a habit to start your morning off with an 8 ounce glass of water!