- Do not shave the area being waxed for at least 14 to 21 days before you wax. Hair can be 1/4 inch
long but I prefer 1/2 inch long for your first waxing. If you are going to trim your hair, don't trim
it too short. The waxing will hurt more and not be as effective as when the hair is longer and the root
can be grabbed.
- Do not tan the area to be waxed right before the waxing! If it is sun burned, I will not be able
to wax you. If you have just tanned, you run the risk of the wax causing an abrasion on that area and
it will be painful post waxing.
- If you are on Accutane for your skin, waxing on any part of your body is not for you. If you have
had a glycolic (an alpha hydroxy acid) or a salicylic acid (beta hydroxy acid) peel or are using
Retin A or Renova, on the area to be waxed, you will have to wait 2 to 4 weeks before the area can
- If you have any sensitivity, pre medicate with a pain reliever such as Ibuprofen 30 - 45 minutes
before the waxing procedure or try Numb-IT and put on 20 minutes before the waxing. Some say that
between 3 and 5pm you are the least sensitive to pain. Also, if you turn your head and cough just
as the wax is being removed, it distracts you from the pain. Remember, pain is a personal thing,
everyone has a different pain threshold. (I've had body builders cry on my table and in contrast a
petite woman power through and not even flinch.) Never be embarrassed.
- Try to schedule your first waxing at a time when you feel rested and not stressed. Caffeine,
nicotine and heavy alcohol consumption can make you feel over sensitive during your treatment.
- A couple of days before you wax, exfoliate in the shower. Take a loofah or synthetic sponge or
glove, add some body wash and with a circular motion rub gently the area that is going to be waxed.
This will remove dead skin, allowing skin to grip shorter hairs.
- If you can, shower and clean your entire body thoroughly before the appointment. There is a
certain amount of nudity involved and you will have to move into a couple of positions. There are
always baby wipes on hand for those last minute clean ups.
- You are ready! Remember the first time is the most uncomfortable and I promise you the second time
will be 100% better.